love letters to my wife

Love letters to my wife cause it's never too early to tell her I love her.

Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

I have taught school for over thirty years always in the inner city and for the most part always upper grade students. I have two children and I have been married for twenty years.

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Hey, Gorgeous

Dearest Deborah,

How great to wake with you in the morning, even though the sky is gray and rain is in the air. I walked to the train and the wind caught my breath, the clouds gathered thicker, and everywhere I saw reminders of you--in the store windows (a smudge of a kiss on my face), the way my pants reflected in the puddles (you washed them just right), the fish in the store window (do you remember your passion for this when you were pregnant?), the perfume of a passerby (the scent you wore years ago).

On the train I read and thought and looked out of the window and thought of you, how beautiful you are, how wonderful, how lucky I am.

Love forever and always, Michael

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home