love letters to my wife

Love letters to my wife cause it's never too early to tell her I love her.

Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

I have taught school for over thirty years always in the inner city and for the most part always upper grade students. I have two children and I have been married for twenty years.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Spring Showers

Dearest Deborah,

It was misty when I left for work today and you know how much I don't like walking in the rain. The clouds looked weak and even the darker ones were calming down. I could see we had a good rain during the night, but I slept through it, being with you.

I don't like the rain, but I do like rainbows. I like the way small prisms of color form in the puddles. I even like the way the air feels after a good rain.

The mistiness stopped. The rainbow grew bigger. I thought about how beautiful it looked. Just like a giant bridge in color across the entire sky. Almost as beautiful as you.

Almost.

Love forever and always, Michael

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home