love letters to my wife

Love letters to my wife cause it's never too early to tell her I love her.

Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

I have taught school for over thirty years always in the inner city and for the most part always upper grade students. I have two children and I have been married for twenty years.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Butterflies

A great monarch butterfly flew past me this morning. It's early in spring and its visit, its majesty, surprised me. It landed on a nearby blossom. The trees are beginning to show their spring colors--pink and red, blue and violet. The monarch spread its wings and held still for me to look at it closer.

I just finished reading the first volume of THE SEVENTH TOWER, a children's book. In the book the heroes also observe everything, though their nature is different from ours--giant insects spitting out dyes to color your hair green, moss covered animals that hug you to death.

I observed the butterfly like they did their world, and I am glad I am on mine. You are here with me. Like the butterfly, you are full of surprises, majesties of greatness and beauty. I want to thank you for everything you have to offer.

Love forever and always, Michael

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home