love letters to my wife

Love letters to my wife cause it's never too early to tell her I love her.

Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

I have taught school for over thirty years always in the inner city and for the most part always upper grade students. I have two children and I have been married for twenty years.

Friday, March 24, 2006

The Leaf Fight

Dearest Deborah,

Do you remember the time we had a giant leaf fight? It wasn't our pile of leaves. We didn't help rake them up; they were just there for the asking and we went for it. Full force. Leaves flying everywhere.

That was one great October. It was a good year for leaves.

I remember how you laughed and shrieked. I remember how you ran. And I remember the leaves crowning your head like a princess. You are still that beautiful. Your smile is still that grand. Do you remember how we ended up hugging each other and rolling all over the pile of leaves--or at least what was left of it?

As our love grows brighter every morning, as our prayers are answered every dawn, I smile at the memories.

Love forever and always, Michael

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home