love letters to my wife

Love letters to my wife cause it's never too early to tell her I love her.

Name:
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States

I have taught school for over thirty years always in the inner city and for the most part always upper grade students. I have two children and I have been married for twenty years.

Monday, March 27, 2006

FRUIT

Dearest Deborah,

I bought some peaches at the fruit market today. I bit into one of them on the way to work. It's skin was like sweet meat and its insides melted into my mouth. Every bite was delicious and gratifying and it made me think of you.

How often do we forget the smallest details in our lives? When did we become so busy we can't focus on the little things?

We're not really that busy. We might want to think we are, but we're not. Everyone has time to pause and reflect, to read a poem or write one, to sit back on the train returning from work and look out of the window at the falling day and meditate or pray.

And so it is with you. I walked to work and ate the peach. I thought of you and chewed it. I wiped the juice from my mouth and felt your kisses, your tongue, your hair in my face, all of your love.

Thank you.

Love always and forever, Michael

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home